I’m happy to be part of the blog tour promoting fellow Science Fiction author Cindy Koepp’s awesome series. If you haven’t checked it out yet, you will want to. And if you have, here’s a special treat. Ten weird (and cool) facts from the author herself!
Ten Weird Facts about Remnant in the Stars:
1. This started as a GURPS Space RPG when I was in high school.
2. In one of the early versions of this tale, Sora was female and feathered.
3. In an even earlier version of this tale, Sora had a different name … with a last name that went on for over 26 letters. I shortened it drastically because it was unpronounceable gobbledygook.
4. Sora’s accent was much more dense in earlier versions.
5. The Numodyne were initially spiritual beings.
6. Numodyne was originally spelled Pneumodyne.
7. I came up with the name Pneumodyne while taking a class on medical terminology. The class was mainly about learning the Greek and Latin roots and affixes that make up most medical and scientific words. To study, I would make up hokey words from the roots and affixes I had to learn that week. Pneumodyne was one of them. Pyrobolotosis (the condition of throwing fire out of your ears) was another.
8. Pneumodyne means “Spirit (or Air or Wind) Power”
9. The original opening for the book involved a professional Human Resources person pulling together Gyrfalcon’s crew. Since that HR guy never showed up again, I dumped that opening.
10. The next opening for the tale was Kesha encountering the hostile Numodyne.
Yes. Book 3 is planned.
That’s right, book 3 is coming! So if you haven’t already, catch up with books one and two now (links at the bottom of this post). And if you still need more convincing, check out the short book trailer I recently made for the series, below. Enjoy!
About the author:
Originally from Michigan, Cindy Koepp has a degree in Wildlife Sciences and teaching certification in Elementary Education from rival universities. After teaching for fourteen years, she pursued a master’s degree in Adult Learning with a specialization in Training and Performance Improvement. Cindy has five published science fiction and fantasy novels, a serial published online, short stories in five anthologies, and a few self-published teacher resource books. When she isn’t reading or writing, Cindy spends time whistling with a crazy African Grey. Cindy is currently working as an optician in Iowa and as an editor with PDMI Publishing and Barking Rain Press.
Click the photo below to visit her website:
Synopsis for Remnant in the Stars:
Two hundred years ago, the Aolanian home world exploded and a remnant of survivors escaped. As their convoy combed the galaxy looking for a new world to colonize, they discovered Earth and were given permission to establish a temporary base while they continued their search for a new home world. When an Aolanian exploration vessel goes missing after transmitting a garbled distress call, the uneasy alliance between the humans and the Aolanians is put to the test as two anti-Aolanian groups jockey to use this opportunity to press their own agendas by foiling the rescue mission.
Because his daughter was onboard the Kesha when it vanished, Calonti Sora reluctantly signs on as an astrogator with the Gyrfalcon, one of the ships in the search party. There he meets up with an old human friend, Kirsten Abbott. Together, they work to overcome prejudice and political plots as they race toward an enemy no one could expect.
Click the cover below to view on Amazon:
Synopsis for The Loudest Actions:
First contact missions are hard enough, but they get even tougher when the negotiator has an ego the size of a gas giant.
Burke Zacharias, a first contact researcher, is chosen to spearhead humanity’s first official contact with Montans, an insect race that has already had a run-in with less friendly humans. Although his words and overtures toward the Montans are cordial enough, the Montans are put off by how he treats the crew of the scout ship that brought him to the world.
With other, less friendly forces trying to establish a foothold on the world, the negotiation must succeed in spite of Burke, or the Montans could be facing extinction.
Click the cover below to view on Amazon:
For the full tour schedule, filled with more Science Fiction awesomeness from Cindy Koepp, click HERE. Trust me, you’ll be glad you did.
Be The Lightning,